About me, Reeger Cortell, FNP-C
Hello and Welcome!
I am thrilled you’re here. I imagine you found your way to this page because you listened to my podcast. I really hope you like what you hear, after all, I created the podcast for you!
I launched this podcast in June of 2013 because I felt there was more to talk about when it comes to bariatric surgery. Even though I have been working in bariatric surgery since 2007, I had questions and I knew you had questions too. So, what better way to ask questions and get answers (or at least opinions) than to launch a podcast?!
This podcast exists to tell the stories of obesity and bariatric surgery one episode at a time.
My work, the podcast, and this website are:
1) Dedicated to YOU, on your bariatric surgery journey, in all your glory; your honesty; your vulnerability; your amazing, incredible, regular ol’ humanness
2) Driven by evidence-based, bariatric surgery-focused education
3) Here to support, motivate, and encourage you
4) My way of relating my unwavering belief in you
5) My creative way of saying you are brave, strong, and incredible, and I know that life can be messy, confusing, and challenging, but far from impossible and in the end we all get what we put into it, so let’s put a lot!
What this website and the Weight Loss Surgery Podcast are not:
Replacement for any version of your medical care. There are rules and regs about this sort-of thing. I value and respect you. I also value and respect my FNP license. You deserve and need a licensed medical provider who meets you in person, physically examines you, diagnoses any health-related issues you may be having, and prescribes a treatment. This website and the podcast are NOT those things. If you need more lawyerly clarification on how serious I am about this issue I refer you to the disclaimer at the end of my podcast or my disclaimer page.
Again, I am SO glad you are here. I hope you keep coming back and stay in even closer contact by signing up for my email list (currently located on my home page).
In Peace and with Connection,
Reeger Cortell, FNP-C